Chalkboards are trendy, but they’re also a really great way to share inspirational quotes, keep your grocery list & To-Do’s, or write down reminders & chores.And for events, they are especially nice for sharing the schedule.
Here’s a steampunked chalkboard that I made for our wedding & home. Here’s what you’ll need.
Materials & Tools:
- Chalkboard (or you can get a cool frame, and paint it with chalkboard paint)
- Small wooden circle pieces (approx. 1/4″ thick)
- 10-25 Wooden gears (various sizes) or more if you wish
- Tacky Glue (or wood glue)
- Gold Metallic Spray Paint
- Cardboard (to protect your surface when spray painting)
- Clips or clothespins
- Spray paint your wooden circle pieces & gears. Lay the cardboard down before painting to protect your lawn, driveway, or garage floor. Make sure to spray paint in a well ventilated area. Let dry completely.
- Glue the wooden circles to the gears. Press firmly and then secure a clip/clothespin over it until the glue dries completely.
- Once the glue is dry, remove the clips and begin placing your gears around the edge of your frame. You can go all the way around or partially around. It’s up to you!
- Once you’re happy with placement begin gluing the gears onto the frame. Press firmly for approx. 5-10 seconds. Repeat, repeat, repeat.
- Let dry completely 8-12 hours.
- Hang on your wall or place onto an easel with pride!
Hope you enjoyed this simple, fun DIY! Happy Crafting!