Writing letters in this digital age makes it all that more important for letter writing to be more artistic & personal. Give your letters & stationary a steampunk flair with these 2 simple DIY stamps!
Geared Up! Stamp
- Square block of wood
- 3 gears (mine here are reproduction gears that you can purchase at Michaels–these work best because they are flat)
- Hammer & 3 nails (the nail heads should be large enough so that they hold the gears in place)
- 3 rubber washers (should be roughly the same width. See second picture below)
2) Take a gear and place the rubber washer underneath it. Then hammer the gear in place with a nail. Be sure to hammer the nail straight so that the head is not crooked (because it makes stamping a little more difficult). Repeat for the other 2 gears.
Steampunk Spring Stamp
- Square wood block
- Wire cutters
- 20 gauge wire
1) Cut a length of wire using your wire cutters (if you do not own a pair of wire cutters, use a pair of toenail clippers). I cut mine about arm’s length.
3) Once you’ve wrapped all of the wire around your wood block & through your spring–wrap the loose end of wire to another piece of wire to secure it.