Materials & Tools Needed:
- Medal Ribbon (any length you desire)
- Bicycle Gear (from a cassette)
- Pocketwatch part (preferably one of the cover pieces which are more ornamental)
- Safety pin
- EE3000 or 5000 glue
- Needle & Thread (if you prefer to hand sew) or Sewing Machine (which I’d suggest)
- Cut ribbon for the medal.
- Place your bike gear in the middle of your ribbon.
- Grab your pocketwatch part (the piece I used is the cover which you can detach by removing the hinge pin which attaches the cover to the rest of the watch).
- Glue a pin to the back of your pocketwatch part with EE3000 or 5000 (or another kind of glue that fuses to metal).
- Fold your ribbon (lining up the 2 ends evenly).
- Fold over the top of your ribbon (toward the back side of your medal ribbon). Place your safety pin inside the fold.
- Sew (by either hand stitching or machine sewing) along your fold. Be sure to stitch and back stitch if you are using a sewing machine.
- Cut off the excess thread.
- Pin your pocketwatch part to the front of your ribbon.
You’re finished! Wear with pride!