To me Christmas tree decorations are all about nostalgia and remembering tradition, and what better way to do that then to upcycle items you find into ornaments! Here is another simple, yet elegant, steampunkish ornament for your tree! This DIY is perfect for the kiddos because it’s quick and easy.
- Skate Key
- Ribbon (your choice of color, personally I love pairing plaids with dull metal tones)
- Cut a length of ribbon (I wanted to tie a medium sized bow so I cut approximately 1-1.5 inches of ribbon).
- Thread your ribbon through your the top part of your skate key.
- Tie a knot at the top of your key.
- Next tie an elegant bow.
- Last, cut the ends of your ribbon so that they are even. Also, cut an upside “V” into each end so your ends are more decorative.
- Hang on the tree (through one of the bow loops) or attach with a Christmas tree hook.
Merry Making to you this Holiday Season!